Packing for AWP
Posted on March 5, 2013
Bad weather means that I am leaving for AWP a bit earlier than planned. I don’t want to end up driving to the airport at 4am in a snowstorm, so I’m going to leave today instead. Ruthie and I are going to spend tonight an an Indianapolis hotel before we head to the East Coast tomorrow morning.
I’m packing for AWP a bit differently this year than last.
My packing list:
- Comfortable shoes for walking. Lots of walking.
- Warm sweaters so that I can leave my coat at the hotel whenever I can. It’s going to be in the mid-40s! That’s practically SUMMER weather!
- A good strong bag for lugging new books from place to place. Last year I did not anticipate how many new books I would be bringing home. This year I’ll have to arrange to ship them home if I get too many.
- My Kindle! I love that this year I have a Kindle!
- I’m also taking my laptop because THIS YEAR I HAVE A LAPTOP. I have really moved up in the world of technology this year, huh?
- Photos of Ruthie. Because, you know. People might want to see how cute she is. They might need to see this picture of her making sugar cookies.
I’m going to do my best to blog the AWP experience and not to break my record of a post every Monday through Friday since the blog re-launch at the beginning of January. I don’t know how I’m going to do this, but I’m going to try. I might not actually get any sleep this week.