My sweet little Neville.
You are a year old now. One year old, and I can’t imagine life without you. I don’t know how many times I have looked at your dad, or your Grandma Carol, or a friend of mine, and said, “I just didn’t know any baby could be so sweet!”
In the year we’ve had you, here is what we have learned about you:
- You are happy. So happy. When you cry, something must be very, very wrong.
- You are interested in your toys and the world around you, and you will play on your own for quite a while, but nothing can change your mind if you are set on being in the company of someone you love.
- For most of this year, you have only slept if you were touching someone. That is why you, unlike your big sister when she was a baby, have spent most of every night in my bed.
- You interact with everyone. You want so badly to communicate. You said “mama” and “bye bye” quite early, and you smile at anyone who even glances in your direction.
- You have the best hair in the world. Strangers stop us and comment on it.
And this is my prayer for you:
- May you keep your happiness, and may nothing steal that from you.
- May you know that we are always nearby, and you are not alone.
- May you sleep well and deep. And someday, may you sleep on your own!
- May you forge deep friendships that always bring you joy.
- May your hair always be awesome.
Little Neville, I love you a billion times a billion. I am so glad you are in our lives.